The quiet atmosphere of the completely renovated spaces at Shannon Medical Center's Skilled Nursing Facility provides a healthy environment for those patients requiring extended care services.
The facility is located on the second floor of the Shannon St. John's campus.
Our goal is to have a calm, healing environment that differs from the hospital setting, so our patients and families will feel comfortable staying here.
The facility, which measures about 16,000 square feet, offers many more areas to assist in patient therapy and recovery.
The Skilled Nursing Facility features include:
- 28 private rooms with private baths, licensed for Medicare, including four rooms that are handicap accessible.
- A spacious 200-square-foot day room for patients and their families to visit 24 hours a day.
- A 1,200-square-foot, fully equipped therapy gym.
- A RT/OT kitchen area for recreational and occupational therapy programs.
- A training bathroom facility.
- Private dining room.
- State-of-the-art equipment, such as the Parker Arjo tub, which provides whirlpool therapy for patients with limited range of motion. We are one of the few area facilities to offer this tub.
- Aviary for patients.
- 200-gallon saltwater fish tank.
- Animal-assisted therapy.
- Patient/family public computer access.
The Skilled Nursing Facility provides:
- Interdisciplinary team concept.
- Medical director.
- RN director of nurses.
- Medicare coordinator.
- 24/7 registered nursing.
- Certified nursing assistants.
- Physical therapy.
- Occupational therapy.
- Speech therapy.
- Respiratory therapy.
- Social work services.
- Dietitian services.
- Pharmacy services.
- Case management.
- Activity therapy.
- Chaplain services.
Conditions requiring skilled nursing care and rehabilitation:
- Hip or knee replacement.
- General impairment.
- Cardiac disease.
- Cancer or cancer treatment.
- Complex recovery from surgery or illness.
- Pulmonary disease.
- Traumatic brain injury.
- Head injuries.
Types of medically necessary services provided:
- Pneumonia care.
- Pressure ulcer care.
- Wound care.
- IV antibiotic therapy.
- IV pain management.
- Total parenteral nutrition.
- Enteral feedings.
- Diabetic teaching.
- Ostomy care teaching and education.
- Respiratory therapy.
The Skilled Nursing Facility staff care for more than the physical needs of their patients; special attention is given to the psychological and social needs of patients and family. Our patient and family center provides the perfect setting to assist in the transition from an acute hospital to home.