Dermatology encompasses the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the skin, hair, nails and mucous membranes. Shannon's board-certified dermatologists provide exceptional care to patients of all ages in a professional setting.
Dermatologists diagnose and treat more than 3,000 different diseases, including:
- Skin cancer.
- Cysts and all growths of the skin.
- Allergic and immunologic diseases of the skin: allergic contact dermatitis, immunobullous disease and skin findings in connective tissue disease.
- All rashes.
- Diseases of hair, nails and mucous membranes.
Surgical treatment may be utilized by a dermatologist to treat:
- Skin cancers, including basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma and malignant melanoma.
- Moles, warts, birthmarks, age spots and cysts.
- Cryosurgery, the application of extreme cold, for precancerous lesions, warts and age spots.
- Mohs micrographic surgery.
The dermatology department accepts referrals from all providers.