Brain & Spine Institute
The Brain & Spine Institute at Shannon provides neurosurgical services to patients of all ages. With 18 exam rooms, our comprehensive center allows our professionals to provide exceptional care while utilizing the most advanced services available.
Neurosurgery, or neurological surgery, is most often associated with brain surgery. However, the specialty encompasses far more than brain care. Neurosurgery includes procedures of the entire nervous system including the brain, spine, spinal cord and nerves that travel throughout the hands, legs, arms, face and other parts of the body.
To learn more about our specialists, please click here.
The Brain & Spine Institute offers a full range of neurosurgical and neurological services. Our neurosurgeons treat conditions of the brain, spine and nerves.
Examples of surgeries performed include:
- Computer navigation-assisted surgery for brain tumors
- Spinal surgery, including both microsurgery and open minimally-invasive surgery
- Minimally-invasive endoscopic carpal tunnel surgery, ulnar release
- Surgery for trigeminal neuralgia, hemi facial spasm
- Cervical and thoraco-lumbar surgery
- Endoscopic disectomy
- Cervical lumbar rhizotomy
We also provide a wide variety of implants for chronic pain and mobility problems, including:
- Minimally invasive spinal fusion
- Dorsal column stimulation for chronic pain
- Vagus nerve stimulation for seizures
- Deep brain implants for essential tremors and Parkinson's disease
- Ventricular-Peritoneal shunt insertion for hydrocephalus
- Morphine and Baclofen pump implants
Our neurological services include:
- Electromyography/nerve conduction studies testing
- Botox injections for headaches, spasticity and torticollis
- Adjustments for VNS and DBS stimulators
- Electroencephalogram (EEG) testing
- Occipital nerve blocks
Pain injections including nerve blocks, epidural steroid injections, facet blocks and Sacro iliac joint blocks are performed in the office, sparing patients a separate visit to the hospital.
Patients of all ages are treated at the Brain & Spine Institute. Self-referrals and referrals from primary care physicians are accepted.
For more information about our services or to request an appointment, call 325.481.2193.
In addition to providing exceptional services in San Angelo, Shannon neurosurgeons travel throughout West Texas for monthly clinics in Brady, Brownwood, Colorado City, Del Rio, and Sonora.