Family Medicine Residency Program
Be a founding member of our program and help create a legacy in West Texas!
The Shannon Family Medicine Residency Program is an unopposed, community-based program committed to full-scope family medicine. We are a partner of the Texas A&M University School of Medicine, providing residents with access to the latest research and academic resources.
Our mission is to provide comprehensive family medicine training while providing compassionate, high-quality patient care in the Concho Valley. We have the facilities, physicians and patient base to give residents the proficiency they need to competently serve communities of Texas and the nation.
Shannon's Family Medicine Residency provides:
- A high-quality, friendly and supportive learning experience
- Extensive interaction with clinic staff physicians and residents who are enthusiastic about teaching
- A unique training environment that has access to a diverse patient population
- Access to an integrated electronic medical records system
- Numerous and diverse ongoing didactic sessions to choose from, ranging from core curriculum to research
Highlights of our Residency Program
- Gain rural medicine experience and a chance to make a difference in an under-served area – Shannon serves a 25 county area – 10% of the state of Texas – with 250,000+ residents
- Community teaching hospital – Personalized instruction from our diverse faculty focused on innovation and teamwork
- Work with Shannon Team Physicians for Angelo State University athletics
- Flexible options - Choose six electives to develop your own training track
- State-of-the-art facilities – New resident facility with dedicated residency clinic, resident lounge and library
- Opportunity to participate in research through Shannon and Texas A&M School of Medicine
- Shannon Medical Center includes nationally recognized robotic surgery, cardiac care, stroke and orthopedics programs.
- Hospital facility is under expansion to add 20+ ICU beds and 90+ adult beds.
- Women’s & Children’s Hospital also expanding to include additional Labor & Delivery, Women’s Health and Observation rooms.
- All meals provided within our facilities
- Resident Wellbeing Program
- Health Club membership discount
- On-site childcare facilities
- Competitive salary and health benefits
- Holiday and sick leave
- Plus more! Ask us for details
Pack your bags and visit us to discover more about our Family Medicine Residency Program.
Contact us to learn more!
Kristy Edwards, MD
Family Medicine Residency Program Director