At Shannon Behavioral Health Services, we strive to create an environment that promotes recovery and resilience. Each patient has a private room with access to community areas for daily activities.
Treatment options, including individual psychotherapy and group psychotherapy, play an integral role in helping patients to live fulfilling and productive lives while encouraging a sense of competency and hope. An aftercare program is in place to ensure support after discharge.
We recognize that mental health needs change across each stage of life. In order to meet the specialized needs of each patient, we are pleased to offer two programs: the Adult Psychiatric Program and the Senior Adult Psychiatric Program.
Adult Psychiatric Program
Our Adult Psychiatric Program is located at the Shannon St. John's campus. The program provides patients with ways to successfully cope with life's challenges, to facilitate recovery and to build resilience. Our program is designed to provide treatment for individuals that:
- Are anxious or depressed.
- Have mood or behavioral disorders.
- Have thought disturbances and other emotional difficulties.
- Have attempted suicide or are considered a suicide risk.
- Exhibit assaultive behavior due to a psychiatric diagnosis.
- Are a threat to others.
Senior Adult Psychiatric Program
Our Senior Adult Program has been established for persons 65 years of age and older who are experiencing emotional problems including:
- Assaultive behavior as a result of a psychiatric disorder or dementia disorder.
- Non-compliance with prescribed medical health regimens (e.g., insulin-dependent diabetes, etc.), due to concurrent psychiatric illness, that potentially endangers their health or life.