Visit the following links for more information on:
Featured Opportunity - Residency Program Coordinator
Shannon Medical Center is embarking on an exciting new journey in our pursuit of becoming an Academic Medical Center. As part of our Graduate Medical Education (GME) development, we are creating a Family Medicine Residency Program in affiliation with Texas A&M University (TAMU). As part of this process, we are looking for an experienced and dynamic family medicine residency program coordinator. This person will be employed by TAMU but will work full-time in San Angelo at Shannon Medical Center.
For more information and to apply for the position, please click on the link below.
Commitment to our Values and Mission
With a shared goal of providing excellent healthcare services for our customers, if employed, I commit to the following:
- I will commit to providing exceptional customer service.
- I will commit to communicate effectively and appropriately.
- I will commit to the Mission and ASPIRE values of Shannon.
Our mission and values will be our guide in the following:
- Rudeness and negative comments are never appropriate. We must, at all times, treat each other with courtesy and respect and never speak negatively about anything or anyone. Be supportive and offer help when possible.
- Recognize that conflicts may exist among associates, but courtesy and professional behavior is required. Address problems by going to appropriate supervisor if necessary.
- Be loyal to Shannon Medical Center, Shannon Clinic and its associates. Be sensitive about what you say in regards to each entity and its decisions and activities.
- Be supportive of new associates by offering assistance and setting a good example of what is expected in the workplace.
- Be honest in all interactions with associates and customers. Be accountable for your actions and your work.
- Respect the privacy of fellow associates and always show respect in the presence of others.
If employed by Shannon, I understand that as part of the requirement of employment I will acknowledge and agree to abide by Shannon's mission and values and will demonstrate the living of these values through my actions, words and behaviors.
Mother friendly work site
Shannon Medical Center joins a growing number of Texas businesses by becoming designated as a Texas Mother-Friendly Worksite. Mother-Friendly employers proactively support employees who choose to breastfeed their infants by providing time, space and other supports to maintain breastfeeding after returning to work.
Shannon Medical Center and Shannon Women's & Children's Hospital, St. John's Campus, the Surgery Center, the Main Clinic, and the OB-GYN and Pediatrics clinics are designated as Mother-Friendly Worksites.
Created by the Texas Legislature in 1995 and administered by the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS), the Texas Mother-Friendly Worksite Program recognizes employers with written policies reflecting their support for their breastfeeding employees. Such policies provide work schedule flexibility to allow milk expression breaks; offer a private space, other than a bathroom, where the employee can pump or breastfeed; and ensure easy access to a clean water source and hygienic milk storage arrangements.
To be designated as a Texas Mother-Friendly Worksite, an employer must submit an application and qualifying written employee breastfeeding support policy to DSHS. For more information on the Texas Mother-Friendly Worksite Program, visit texasmotherfriendly.org.