Shannon Health Club’s nationally certified personal training staff will create an individualized plan targeted to your specific needs and interests. Experienced runners, swimmers, cyclists, strength and conditioning specialists and sports performance specialists, our trainers will help you get a clear understanding of your exercise and wellness goals. They’ll educate, motivate and inspire you.
Personalized Workout Orientation
For the beginner, a certified personal trainer evaluates your individual goals and current fitness levels and develops a personalized exercise program. During orientation, the fitness instructor works one-on-one with each member to demonstrate the cardiovascular and weight equipment and train the member on how to use the equipment.
For someone experienced with fitness programs, orientation is a great way to upgrade and improve a current workout routine with a certified personal instructor. It also is an introduction to equipment that may be unfamiliar to you.
We offer Matrix cardio equipment featuring personal LCD screens with access to fitness and social apps, television and other programming to keep workouts interesting. Please bring your own headphones to enjoy sound on these features.
The Arc Trainer is a unique piece of exercise equipment that works the large muscles of the lower body. Although the Arc Trainer is demanding on the muscles, it is very easy on the joints and can be used without straining the knees.
Strength training on Cybex machines is an easy way to start off a weight training program. With the various muscle groups that are targeted, the beginner can start to learn what they need to do on their own to build their muscles or increase their tone.
Free weights are a great tool to increase muscle mass, strength and muscle tone. We have dumbbells ranging from 1 – 110 pounds and barbells ranging from 20 – 110 pounds. Proper technique is important, so it is advised that you consult a personal trainer before beginning a free weight exercise program.
Our Nautilus machines are designed with women in mind. These machines are smaller than the Cybex machines, but still provide an excellent workout.
- No FaceTime in the Locker Room at any time for any reason.
- No photos in the Locker Room at any time for any reason.
- Don't camp out on your phone on the equipment in between sets.
- Make sure nobody else is in your gym selfie.
- Ask permission before posting images of others to social media.
- Remember people are around you when you are talking on the phone.
- Do not listen to your phone (music, news, podcasts, etc.) out loud. Please bring headphones.
Weight Room Rules
- Wear proper shoes and clothings
- Sandals, bare feet, or socks only are prohibited
- Shirts must be worn at all times
- No food is allowed
- Drinking bottles must have a closeable top
- Discard gum in the wastebasket
- Loud, foul, or slanderous language is not allowed
- Personal music devices must be kept at a volume that doesn't disturb or can be heard by others around you
- Return all weight, benches, and accessories to their proper location
- Always use a spotter when attempting to lift heavy weight
- if you are unfamiliar with equipment, please ask staff for assistance
Weight Room Etiquette
- Limit perfume and cologne use
- Carry a workout towel and wipe off equipment when finished
- Be courteous when using the water machine. If there is a line, do not fill up your water bottle
- Ask if you may "work in" and always let others work in
- When working in with someone, return the seat and weight to the last user's setup
- Avoid making loud sounds (banging weight, yelling, dropping dumbbells)
- Don't sit on machines when you are between sets
- Be patient when waiting for equipment and be efficient when using equipment while others are waiting for you
Shannon Health Club Personal Training Staff
For more information, call Shannon Health Club at 325-947-2582. If you’d like to contact a personal trainer, you may also call or e-mail him/her directly.