Physical medicine and rehabilitation at Shannon outpatient neurotherapy is a multidisciplinary team of occupational therapists, physical therapists and speech language pathologists providing outpatient services within San Angelo.
- Myotonic dystrophy (MD).
- Incomplete quad.
- Cerebrovascular accident (CVA) unspecified.
- Head injury.
- Traumatic brain injury—open.
- Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Voice under aphasia.
- SCI: cervical, thoracic, lumbar.
- Multiple sclerosis.
- Parkinson's disease.
- Ischemic CVA.
- Gullian-Barré Syndrome.
- Amputation: transtibial, transfemoral.
- Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo.
- Unspecified vertiginous syndromes.
- Vertigo of central origin.
- Unilateral vestibular hypofunction.
Bioness is a system which utilizes electrical stimulation to address foot drop or hand paralysis due to conditions such as cerebral palsy, incomplete spinal cord injury, multiple sclerosis, stroke and traumatic brain injury. Shannon is currently the only entity within 90 miles that offers this system for patient utilization.
e Swallow is a system which utilizes electrical stimulation to address dysphagia due to conditions such as stroke and other neurological disorders.
LSVT BIG clinician is a program designed for Parkinson's patients. The program is an intensive amplitude- based exercise program for the limb motor system in addition to re-education of the sensorimotor system.