Certified Orthotist (CO) - Manager
Allied Health Professional (AHP)
Provides care to patients with disabling conditions of limbs and spine by fitting and preparing orthopedic braces, under direction of and in consultation with physician.
- Examine and evaluate patient orthotic needs in relation to disease and function muscle loss.
- Examine and measure affected areas for factors affecting the fitting of the orthotics.
- Determine type, design, and specifications of orthotics to be made.
- Oversee fabrication and then fit orthotic in consultation with patient and close communication with physician office if necessary.
- Select components and material necessary to fabricate devices.
- Provide instruction to patients in the proper use and care of the orthotic to achieve maximum function and comfort.
- Determine the repair and maintenance needs of orthotic systems.
- Manage department to effectively utilize resources to best meet the needs of the patient and fulfill the mission of the organization.
- Completion of a higher education orthotics program from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning and accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health education Programs (CAAHeP); required.
- Completion of a 12-month residency from an NCOPE accredited Orthotics Program; required.
- Board Certified from the American Board for Certification in Orthotics (ABC), required.
- Licensed Orthotist by the State of Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR), required.
Shannon Health Human Resources | 206 N. Main Street | San Angelo, TX 76903
325.657.5243 Phone | firstname.lastname@example.org
Open until filled
Careers@ShannonHealth.orgApply for this job