Health libraryBack to health library
Creamy chocolate date mousse
Makes 4 servings.
8 to 10 Medjool dates, pitted
1/2 cup light coconut milk, canned
1/4 cup water
1 ripe avocado, peeled
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- Chop the dates into small pieces.
- Add chopped dates, coconut milk and water into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the avocado, cocoa powder and melted chocolate chips. Blend again until creamy.
- Pour into four small ramekins or bowls.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 1 to 3 hours (or even overnight).
Option to garnish with raspberries, chopped nuts or a sprinkle of Himalayan sea salt.
Serving size: 1/2 cup. Amount per serving: 300 calories, 12g total fat (5g saturated fat, 0g trans fat), 0mg cholesterol, 54g carbohydrates, 4g protein, 9g dietary fiber, 10mg sodium.
American Institute for Cancer Research