Nurse Residency Program
Congratulations on beginning your exciting new career as a Registered Nurse! Shannon is excited to offer the Vizient/AACN Nurse Residency Program™ which effectively supports newly licensed nurses as they transition into their first professional roles. We are SO glad that you are here!
Shannon’s Nurse Residency Program is designed for new graduate nurses who have less than one (1) year of experience, independent of the hiring unit. This Nurse Residency Program is a one (1) year program designed as monthly 4-hour seminar sessions where you will hear from some of our top leaders across the organization and collaborate on an evidence-based practice project pertinent to your unit and/or Shannon. Built on an evidence-based curriculum developed by experts locally, from academic medical centers and nursing schools across the country, the program focuses on four critical areas, which include leadership, quality outcomes, evidence-based practice and the professional nursing role.
Benefits of the program
- Transition from entry-level, advanced beginner nurse to competent professional nurse.
- Guidance from dedicated, trained preceptors.
- Mentored clinical relationships with resident facilitators.
- Structured educational experiences designed to develop clinical reasoning and competence in clinical nursing practice.
- Support and professional networking.
- Membership in a supportive cohort that allows for professional growth in a safe, protected environment.
- The opportunity to gain experience in clinical practice in an environment committed to learning.
- Strengthen your commitment to nursing as a professional career choice.
- Incorporate research-based evidence into your practice.
- Formulate an individual career development plan.
- Improve morale and reduce stress.
We are excited that you are considering becoming a part of our Shannon team. Our team members demonstrate an unwavering commitment to our patients and the mission, vision, and values of Shannon. As you begin your journey as a newly licensed nurse, please let us know how we can be of assistance to ensure that you have nothing less than an excellent educational and professional experience.
For questions please contact:
Cameron Wilson, MSN, RN, NPD-BC