Nurse Residency Program
Shannon Medical Center and Shannon Clinic have joined the Vizient/AACN Nurse Residency Program™ (NRP) which effectively supports new nurse graduates as they transition into their first professional roles. Built on evidence based curriculum developed by experts from academic medical centers and nursing schools across the country, the program focuses on these critical areas; leadership, patient outcomes and professional role.
This program is designed for new graduate nurses who have less than 1 year of experience. The NRP offers a 1-year residency curriculum, designed as monthly 4-hour seminar sessions.
Benefits of the program
- Transition from entry-level, advanced beginner nurse to competent professional nurse.
- Guidance from dedicated, trained preceptors.
- Mentored clinical relationships with resident facilitators.
- Structured educational experiences designed to develop clinical reasoning and competence in clinical nursing practice.
- Online support and professional networking through the NRP Meeting Place.
- Membership in a supportive cohort that allows for professional growth in a safe, protected environment.
- The opportunity to gain experience in clinical practice in an environment committed to learning.
- Strengthen your commitment to nursing as a professional career choice.
- Incorporate research-based evidence into your practice.
- Formulate an individual career development plan.
- Improve morale and reduce stress.
This Nurse Residency Program is a one (1) year program and is mandatory for all new graduate nurses.
For questions please contact:
Cameron Wilson, MSN, RN