Education & Resources
eLearning childbirth classes
We understand the hustle and bustle of your daily routine. Our childbirth classes are offered online so you may still enjoy the educational experience from the comfort of your own home.The Gift of Motherhood eLearning Childbirth Education Program is a convenient alternative for expectant parents who cannot attend a conventional prepared childbirth class due to bed rest, scheduling conflicts or time constraints. It is also useful as a refresher course for repeat parents.
The eLearning program includes:
- Access for an eight-week period, beginning from the date of your initial use. You will receive an access code after you call 325.481.6332.
- An accompanying Gift of Motherhood handbook for parents, available after registration.
- A labor and delivery tour at Shannon Women's and Children's Hospital, where you will deliver your baby. Call 325.481.6332 to schedule a tour.
- The opportunity to contact one of our nurse educators via email to ask questions.
- Childbirth education and labor support
- Discomforts of pregnancy
- Understanding labor and birth
- Labor guide
- Caring for yourself postpartum
- Feeding your newborn
- Caring for your newborn
- What to expect when giving birth at Shannon Women's and Children's Hospital
This class is free for eight-week access. View the demo!
- Sound card
- Speakers or headphones
- Updated video card
- Approximately 512MB RAM
- 1 GHZ processor (recommended)
- Access to a nearby printer (optional)
- Active-X controls enabled
- Pop-ups turned on
- Java enabled
- Latest version of Adobe Macromedia Flash Player
- Latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher, Firefox, or Safari
- Full Accessories installed with Windows operating system
- High-speed Internet access
To register, please call 325.481.6332.
Troubleshooting and help
Try re-entering the code, making sure there are no spaces before or after the code. If that does not work, contact the administrator at your hospital to make sure the code is still active. Note: All "0" are numerals.
Give the videos a moment to load, and make sure you have the latest version of Flash. If it still doesn't work, try restarting your computer.
Wait a couple of minutes more to let the program load. When Internet access is slow, the eBook may load more slowly than normal. If, after a several minutes, nothing appears, try restarting your computer.
Some common problems may occur when using the eBook. First, make sure your Internet connection is working by visiting some other sites. Then, make sure you have the newest version of Adobe Flash. You may need to uninstall the previous version of Flash before you install the new version. For instructions on how to uninstall Flash, visit their support site.
Read the eBook just like you would a traditional book—click on the edge of the book to turn the page. Also, be sure to click on all of the icons to learn more.
Some icons open a movie or animation; others give you added information. If you see a word in green, be sure to move your mouse over it to learn the definition.
You'll need the most recent version of Adobe Flash, a fast internet connection (DSL, cable or other broadband) and Adobe Reader. You'll also need a computer with sound and speakers or headphones to hear the audio.
The Gift of Motherhood eLearning program is a flash-based online book that will allow you to understand all aspects of pregnancy.
For registration issues, please call 325.481.6332. For any program issues, please email email@example.com.