eLearning childbirth classes
We understand the hustle and bustle of your daily routine. Our childbirth classes are offered online so you may still enjoy the educational experience from the comfort of your own home. The Gift of Motherhood eLearning Childbirth Education Program is a convenient alternative for expectant parents who cannot attend a conventional prepared childbirth class due to bed rest, scheduling conflicts or time constraints. It is also useful as a refresher course for repeat parents.
The eLearning program includes:
- Access for an eight-week period, beginning from the date of your initial use. You will receive an access code after you call 325.481.6332.
- An accompanying Gift of Motherhood handbook for parents, available after registration.
- A labor and delivery tour at Shannon Women's & Children's Hospital, where you will deliver your baby. Call 325.481.6332 to schedule a tour.
- The opportunity to contact one of our nurse educators via email to ask questions.
- Childbirth education and labor support.
- Discomforts of pregnancy.
- Understanding labor and birth.
- Labor guide.
- Caring for yourself postpartum.
- Feeding your newborn.
- Caring for your newborn.
- What to expect when giving birth at Shannon Women's & Children's Hospital.
This class is free for eight-week access. View the demo!
Troubleshooting and help
What are the system requirements for my computer?
- Sound card.
- Speakers or headphones.
- Updated video card.
- Approximately 512MB RAM.
- 1 GHZ processor (recommended).
- Access to a nearby printer (optional).
- Active-X controls enabled.
- Pop-ups turned on.
- Java enabled.
- Latest version of Adobe Macromedia Flash Player.
- Latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher, Firefox, or Safari.
- Full accessories installed with Windows operating system.
- High-speed internet access.
What if my code doesn't work anymore?
Try re-entering the code, making sure there are no spaces before or after the code. If that does not work, contact the administrator at your hospital to make sure the code is still active.
Note: All "0" are numerals.
What if the videos don't work?
Give the videos a moment to load, and make sure you have the latest version of Flash. If it still doesn't work, try restarting your computer.
What if I can't see anything?
Wait a couple of minutes more to let the program load. When Internet access is slow, the eBook may load more slowly than normal. If, after a several minutes, nothing appears, try restarting your computer.
What if I'm having difficulty with the eBook?
Some common problems may occur when using the eBook. First, make sure your Internet connection is working by visiting some other sites. Then, make sure you have the newest version of Adobe Flash. You may need to uninstall the previous version of Flash before you install the new version. For instructions on how to uninstall Flash, visit their support site.
How do I use it?
Read the eBook just like you would a traditional book—click on the edge of the book to turn the page. Also, be sure to click on all of the icons to learn more.
Some icons open a movie or animation; others give you added information. If you see a word in green, be sure to move your mouse over it to learn the definition.
What do I need in order to view the book?
You'll need the most recent version of Adobe Flash, a fast internet connection (DSL, cable or other broadband) and Adobe Reader. You'll also need a computer with sound and speakers or headphones to hear the audio.
What is the eLearning program?
The Gift of Motherhood eLearning program is a flash-based online book that will allow you to understand all aspects of pregnancy.